Row of 6 houses. Mid C18, altered C19, restored C20. Regular course ironstone
with slate roofs. 2-unit plans. 2 storeys. Together comprising an 8-window range
of irregularly spaced C20 casements with glazing bars under wood lintels. Six
C20 doors with hoods between windows. Remains of gable parapets. Brick stack at
ridge and end. Rear levation is similar; right corner is chamfred.
Mackworth Green was built 1840 on the yard of the farmhouse which stood on Dolben Square behind a stone which we as children called the giants chewing gum. This marker stone was used as a platform by orators.
The farmhouse bore a date stone “J.E.D 1782” some of the farm buildings were converted into cottages that formed part of Mackworth Green.
Mackworth Green came close to demolition but was saved when it was placed on the protected list.